Acronym Update – Trivia Quiz, The Beauty of Bartering
Some of you may know that I tried out for the game show Who Want’s To Be A Millionaire twice in the past 18 months. I actually PASSED the audition test the first time and was given an opportunity to interview with a producer. This past may I did not PASS the test and therefore was sent back onto West 67th St. in Manhattan after 20 minutes. One thing you should realize about game show auditions / tests, is that they are not objective. The standard for passing is not defined. In a particular audition session, they could take the low scores, the high scores, or even randomly pick people for an interview. When you audition for a show like Millionaire, you are totally at the mercy of the production staff and their sponsors.
Anyway…..I really enjoyed those experiences and in the spirit of trivia I have assembled the following Millionaire-style trivia quiz for you.
Reply directly to this message with your answers (No cheating):
1. First vice president of Richard Nixon
2. A GROSS of oranges is how many
3. 1981 Academy Award Winner – Best Picture = ________________ of Fire
4. Former Senator from Ohio, orbited the earth in 1962 while working for NASA
5. The acronym D.O. after a physician’s name stands for……
6. City that Mister Rodgers Neighborhood was filmed in
7. Russian neighborhood in Brooklyn made famous by a Neil Simon play
8. College attended by Barack Obama for his first two years of undergraduate study.
The Beauty of bartering: Bartering is being revived as a lost art in the business world, especially among small firms. The idea of trading one service for another, trading goods for a service, or one product for another…. predates modern currencies and often helps to make a transaction possible on beneficial terms for all parties involved. If you have any bartering proposals for your business or service…. I would be happy to share them with my network of readers / clients through my Acronym Update and bi-monthly Acronym newsletter at NO CHARGE.
Here are two bartering proposals that I would like to offer in exchange for my computer consulting services:
1. (1 hour) – I need someone to install standard wall switch and face plate for my dining room chandelier. I am converting from a dimmer switch to a standard switch because dimmer switches send out radio frequencies that could interfere with wireless signals. (Furthermore, I would like to buy compact fluorescent bulbs for this fixture……not possible with a dimmer switch.)
2. (2 hours) – I am looking for a used iPod, no more than 3 years old, no obvious scratches on the screen, and no issues with battery life. Only seeking iPod models with a screen, ie. not looking for iPod Shuffle.
3. (1 hour) Oil and filter change on my Nissan.